Jan 12 2010
This story is rich. I really dodn’t know from which angle to come from with it. There’s just SO MUCH blog fodder here!
“Kids Mad at Obama For Not Answering Their Letter”
Now, this news story made front page news at my local online outlet in Syracuse. But I’m refusing to leave a link to them, in protest: my news outlet has this stingy policy where you can not “publish, broadcast, rewrite, or redistribute” even an iota from their website, or I suppose the “copyright gestapo” will invade your home. Note: “copywrite infringement” is a very loose term today. It’s illegal to requote and in some cases, to even HUM a tune without Big Brother getting to you. So why should I place my precious link to their site when they won’t let me copy&paste a portion of their dumb story?
ANYWAY. I digress. Back to the story that I haven’t even told you about yet… a story I will have to paraphrase, looks like, and hope the SWAT Team doesn’t visit me later.
In a Syracuse, NY, elementary school, a bunch of kids
with nothing else to do studiously attentive, wrote a letter to President Obama. They asked President Obama to visit their school… and make a snowman with them. They said they have children red, yellow, black, and white in their school; therefore their school is full of peace and love.
[I'm working REALLY HARD to contain myself and refrain from commentary... but it's mighty hard...]
OK, so snowman and peace and crap…. The kids sent the letter out November 13th. And waited for The Messiah to grant them their wishes and answer back. They were VERY upset when they finally received a letter from the White House. It was a FORM letter, dated November 6th!
[Children are taught to be anti-religious in school, so that explains why they are puzzled about the strange date on the letter. What the children don't realize is that The Magnificent Obama (praisebetohisname) PREKNEW their thoughts! So the Omniscient One had a letter prepared for them a week before they even wrote theirs. Thus explains the miraculous date.]
The news reporters, smelling a fantastic front page sensational news story, convened a press gathering, and interviewed the disappointed children about the scandalous situation. The kids hurumphed that, “his office could have done better,” and a third grader [a THIRD grader?!] said he felt “disrespected”!
The disgruntled kids sent His Majesty another letter, begging His pardon and asking if He could make sure His staff reads the letters a little more carefully.
Uh HUH. So that’s the great “critical thinking” that goes on in schools… emphasis on “critical.” So here are my thoughts on this tragic story of unrequited adoration and “disrespect”:
- Kids, realize that your God is just too busy for you. He has peace prizes to accept, vacations to take, and whenever that dang teleprompter is broken, which seems to be pretty often, his ability to answer the hopes and prayers of the lowly people is severely restricted.
- Don’t think that your “diversity” brownie points (er, whitie points?) will bring him out any sooner, either. He doesn’t care about “diversity” and “peace and love.” He only cares what Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi think about him; and Harry and Nancy are from the West. They hate snow. So NO snowmen for Obama.
- Why do teachers encourage schoolkids to do stuff like this? I know state standards require civics courses and etc, but asking the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES to come build a SNOWMAN?! And then the kids have this attitude of “I deserve better treatment than this”?!
Welcome to the REAL WORLD, kiddos! It’s better to learn the lesson while you’re young: No matter how cute you are, most people are going to ignore you! People just aren’t going to fall all over you like your adoring parents and teachers! People won’t give you the attention and treats you deserve! And, you know, sometimes, it’s because you really don’t deserve them!
- My son wrote President Bush a few years ago, and President Bush sent a personalized letter with very nice 8 x 10 presidential photo. Now, Pres. Bush only believed he could HEAR FROM God, while Obama IS GOD. So maybe that’s why Pres. Bush sent the nice letter and Obama ignored His children. Obama doesn’t really need to be nice to anybody, because He’s the One Who calls the shots. Just a thought…
- I wish adults would quit teaching children that politicians are “everything.” This pandering of politicians is disgusting. Politicians are what create the problems in this world! The sooner the kids realize that, the better off we’ll all be.
OK, so I’m preparing for the barrage of irate, nasty, hate and death mail about to hit my comments boxes… that seems to happen everytime I point out how wacky the school system is or how weird Syracuse is….